[ExI] A Simulation Argument.

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 03:03:53 UTC 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 4:09 PM, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
> simulation business. I just don't see the simulation theory and the many
> worlds theory as being competitors, they could both be true and I guess
> they could both be false.

Sure, they're both propagating through space-time until one of them collapses ;)

It was popular Aztec belief that the Sun needed to be fed human hearts
in sacrifice if it was to continue to move through the sky.  If any
genius would-be astronomy had suggested the Earth revolved around the
Sun, they would likely have been the next sacrifice.  How much of
QM/MWI/Simulation/etc. is likely to be the same kind of popular idea
until we come up with something better?