[ExI] The Man Who Wanted Stars (Dan McLaughlin, 1965)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Thu Jan 10 00:27:06 UTC 2008

>Poor Joe Weber. First his gravity detectors get laughed at, then he
>makes the silly error of shooting his spacemen at the cold stars
>instead of the bright hot ones. Oh well. It's been a long, strange trip.

Was the author referring to the same man?!

Joe Weber was one of my favorite teachers at UC Irvine. I'll
never forget his starting every one of my statistical mechanics
classes (at the ungodly hour of 7:30 am) with a story. And his wife
(Dr. Virginia Trimble) was my mentor (and _is_ an inspiration), as well.

Amara
--

Amara Graps, PhD      www.amara.com
Research Scientist, Southwest Research Institute (SwRI), Boulder, Colorado