[ExI] Transhumanism on Youtube

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 17:10:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 7:27 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> > Subject: [ExI] Transhumanism on Youtube
> > Has everybody seen this?
> > http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=DpzQxbYCPNI&feature=related
> > Stefano Vaj
>
> Stephano, at least they reassured me by telling saying that since I am a
> transhumanist, then I am part of this big evil conspiracy to live forever,
> etc.  That part was a relief.
>
> Frankly, in *this* case I did not like it much, as they lent us a number
of positions which after all may not be entirely inaccurate, but that I
personally happen not to share.

On the other hand, I would be the last to deny that very often
anti-transhumanists present a more intriguing and appealing portrait of what
we are than many transhumanists, too obsessed with respectability and
acceptability, do. Or they may present a transhumanism which is even more
coincident to my own views than the Real Thing... :-)

Not to mention the much higher firepower the opposition has at its beck and
call.

Stefano Vaj