[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Jan 14 05:14:52 UTC 2008

"Vladimir Nesov" <robotact at gmail.com>

> But why is it weird? Photons are 'black boxes' that can produce
> know contents of these black boxes prior to actually looking. So each
> photon 'knows' how it will respond to next experiment, but you do not.

I spin why filter at random and it settles at 79 degrees, if my photon makes
it through my filter and you set your filter at 79 degrees there is a 100%
chance your photon 2 billion light years away will make it through your
filter too. If my photon is stopped by my filter there is zero chance your
photon will make it through your filter set at 79. Either way it's clear
that the number 79 is of special significance to both photons,
but I picked that number at random just before the photon hit the filter.

So the instant my photon was born on the other side of the universe it
must have known that in a billion years it would hit my filter and it
would be set at 79 degrees. It then told its brother photon all about it
and then they both went on their epic journeys in opposite directions.
And yes, I find that weird and no, you can't do that with Email.

  John K Clark