[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

scerir scerir at libero.it
Mon Jan 14 17:06:59 UTC 2008

Damien Broderick
> If an event can happen 4 ways in MW,
> but QT says 2, and we only ever observe 2,
> it's unlikely that MWI is the explanation.

If you read point Q8 (When does Schroedinger's
cat split?), of this MWI faq here
http://www.hedweb.com/manworld.htm ,
it seems that you have two 'worlds'
inside the *sealed* box (cat alive, cat
dead), but the 'world' outside the box
is still one, since the (eventual)
onlooker is (eventually) split into
two copies *only* when the box is opened
and they are altered by the states of the cat.

If you read point Q8 of this other MWI faq
http://www.mat.univie.ac.at/~neum/manyworlds.txt
it seems that the number of 'worlds' might
be different ('unfortunates' are allowed here?).

I would say that only the great simulator
knows the true number of 'worlds', since
he can see (from outside) the universal
wavefunction.