[ExI] Lost photos

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:11:33 UTC 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 9:34 PM, Damien Broderick wrote:
> At 01:51 PM 1/14/2008 -0600, I wrote:
>
> > >"virgins" promised by the Quran to Islamic martyrs, he asserts, are
> > >in fact only "grapes."
> >
> >(I'm pretty sure this is rather old news, actually.)
>
> An interview with the grapes-as-symbols man:
>
> <http://chiesa.espresso.repubblica.it/articolo/7025?eng=y>

I also remembered reading about this before.
A quick search of my old mail archive reveals -

<http://www.corkscrew-balloon.com/02/03/1bkk/04b.html>

Scholars Scrutinize the Koran's Origin
A Promise of Moist Virgins or Dried Fruit?
New York Times (and International Herald Tribune), March 4, 2002

Quote:
So, for example, the virgins who are supposedly awaiting good Islamic
martyrs as their reward in paradise are in reality "white raisins" of
crystal clarity rather than fair maidens.

There's probably quite a crowd of Muslims in Paradise arguing with
Allah at this very moment.

BillK