[ExI] Many Worlds (was: A Simulation Argument)

scerir scerir at libero.it
Tue Jan 15 20:44:40 UTC 2008

> Personally, I'm in two minds about this ......
> BillK.

:-) What about a superposition of interpretations?

'Interpretations of quantum mechanics,
unlike Gods, are not jealous, and thus
it is safe to believe in more than one
at the same time. So if the many-worlds
interpretation makes it easier to think about
the research you're doing in April,
and the Copenhagen interpretation makes it easier
to think about the research you're doing in June,
the Copenhagen interpretation is not going to smite
you for praying to the many-worlds interpretation.
At least I hope it won't, because otherwise
I'm in big trouble.'
-Peter Shor