[ExI] Stephen Colbert: David Levy - Love and Sex with Robots

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Jan 19 16:23:36 UTC 2008

> [mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
> >
> > I do not argue that robot sex will be better than human sex.  I
> > contend that it will be preferred by the masses because of being
> > considerably less expensive and so much lower risk.
> >

> Spike, you missed off - "and much better than the real thing".    :)
>

> BillK

BillK that depends on how one defines the term "real thing."  Robot sex will
be real.  We might come to refer to sex between humans as bio-sex, or
organic life based sex, but we might have to give up the department in large
companies that is currently called "human relations" for that term may take
on a new meaning.

The organic-life based notion might even provide some fresh introductory
lines, such as "...a dinner, movie, then perhaps some good old fashioned
OLBS..."

I suggested several years ago in this forum that some form of robot sex
would be just the thing for the elderly and disabled.  It need not be a
human scale android, but rather would be a mechanical device that could be
placed on the... what?  patient? experimenter?  elderly fucker?  ...at which
time the device would directly stimulate the genitals to the satisfaction of
the... what?

This topic is difficult to discuss without sounding silly, but think about
it: such a device could fill an obvious human need, relieve suffering, and
most importantly make the inventor so much money that just thinking about
that pile of loot causes one's butt to hurt.