[ExI] LA Times: Misreading the mind

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Jan 22 05:08:35 UTC 2008

>>Just because you aren't able to find signal among the noise doesn't
>>imply there is no meaning.
>
> Looks as if you missed the signal in Lee's artfully sardonic post,
> which means you missed the meaning as well.

Yes.  :-)   I rather meant for phrases such as

      Now it's really an exaggeration to say that we
      eat babies.  We might *like* to, but we don't.
      (It's illegal.)

and

      But were we ourselves capable of experiencing
      pleasure, our chief happiness in life would undoubtedly
      be depriving everyone else of pleasure.

to give it away.  But perhaps there is a message in that my totally
outrageous remarks were believeable...   :-(

Lee