[ExI] And Meta You Know

Antonio Marcos amcmr2003 at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jan 25 01:07:46 UTC 2008

--- Jef Allbright <jef at jefallbright.net> escreveu:

> Mark (or Antonio), welcome to the Extropy chat list!

Thanks! :) You can call me any of those, I have at
least 8 to chose from anyway (officially 5, but just
found a new one last week.. im thinking of studying my
family tree btw to check those out)..

Maybe 'Tony' is more confortable to english speakers.

> In the case of a pulse transmitted through a heavy
> rope into a
> lower-density rope, the energy arriving at the lower
> density rope will
> induce a **longer-wavelength** pulse traveling
> forward along the light
> rope, and a reflected longer-wavelength pulse back
> through the heavier
> rope toward the origin.  From this it should be
> apparent that in any
> case of impedance mismatch, the coupling of energy
> is relatively
> inefficient.  To carry the analogy perhaps further
> than it should go,
> the reflected energy will travel back to the origin
> and then be
> reflected again toward the "load", losing energy
> over multiple trips
> only due to the "resistance" of the rope,
> corresponding to the
> relatively inefficient higher-order "standing and
> waving" that might
> accompany inefficient face-to-face communication
> between people.

Stand and wave ^^ LOL thanks for the explaining!
hmmm.. since we're at the introduction yet, maybe you
guys might want to share your background? EE =
electric engineering right? or maybe a bit about
yourselves, how you got to know this list.. etc
Btw.. how is the activity of the list? seems pretty
busy, yet not crowded (which is a good thing in my
opinion)
Im on computer science. Brazilian guy here. Nice to
meet you all :)

> - Jef

-???

http://br.mail.yahoo.com/