[ExI] wealth and health (was: Re: Transhumanism and Politics)

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 12:53:58 UTC 2008

On 25/01/2008, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's a private health system here too, btw, allows people to pay
> for a bit of privelege if they so desire. So far I've chosen not to,
> can't see the point.

There are tax advantages to having private health insurance in
Australia, and you can sometimes get elective procedures such as joint
replacements faster. But if you're seriously ill, it's actually better
to be in a public hospital. It is not uncommon for patients to be
transferred from a private to a public hospital because they are too
sick for the private hospital to cope.

--
Stathis Papaioannou