[ExI] extropy-chat Digest, Vol 52, Issue 27

Tom Nowell nebathenemi at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jan 27 22:06:33 UTC 2008

pjmanney wrote:
Are any of these writers popular now?  No.  But if
popularity = rate of consumption was all that
mattered, the the world's greatest works of fine art
would be found on biscuit/cookie tins and in prints in
cheap hotel rooms.

 Funny you should mention that. I found in a discount
store some really good biscuits in tins which had
reproductions of fine art on the tin. I kept with the
one with Albrecht Durer's study of hands in prayer, as
it was a wonderful reproduction. Van Gogh's sunflowers
and the Mona Lisa both went for recycling though.