[ExI] Joyce (was: John C. Wright Interview)

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Jan 28 13:36:54 UTC 2008

At 12:06 AM 1/28/2008, you wrote:

> > ...in the same way as
> > Picasso was a very capable representationalist painter when
> > he felt like it... Stathis Papaioannou
>

>It was really a trick Stathis.  Picasso's three year old son was given a the
>popular toy we know of as Mr. Potato Head (the facial features are removable
>and interchangeable.)  The lad placed the features upon the toy in a random
>fashion as is the custom for three year olds.  Pablo saw this toy and
>produced Femme aux Bras Croises.

Actually Mr. Potato Head is a diversion from the real story:  from
the time the boy was 5 months old, he was fascinate by the color
orange and henceforth would only focus on orange objects.  By the
time he was three years old, this compulsion caused his visual field
to only see the opposite on the color spectrum--blue, from tones from
indigo to cyan.  Pablo, inspired by the boy's condition, painted
Femme aux Bras Croises.

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
PhD Candidate, Planetary Collegium - University of Plymouth - Faculty
of Technology
School of Computing, Communications and Electronics
Centre for Advanced Inquiry in the Interactive Arts

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the
circle, then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what
is inside the circle and everything outside the circle, then that is
an open system perspective. - Buckminster Fuller