[ExI] Upon pondering your freedoms

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 21:24:43 UTC 2008

At 01:42 PM 7/5/2008 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:

>So, in order to prevent a secure free state, and seeing that "a well
>regulated militia" could be a central guarantor to such, they sought
>to prevent it by insuring that every testosterone-overdosed psychopath
[etc]

Scathingly witty, Jeff! This explains a great deal I'd never
understood but always dimly suspected. Sadly, their plan has gone
awry, since you now have both the hyperpowerful state (perhaps not a
*free* state in their sense) *plus* the desirable bands of murderous
psychopaths. Oh well, governance isn't yet an exact science.

Damien Broderick