[ExI] Upon pondering your freedoms

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sat Jul 5 23:30:27 UTC 2008

At 03:42 PM 7/5/2008 -0700, Avant wrote:

>In that same year there were 45,520 automobile related deaths from all causes.
>Both are out of a population of 296,507,061. That would mean that guns are
>safer than automobiles. Would you take away my car next?

This is the rhetorical path this list has lurched down too often
before. I thought it was safe to inquire in a contained manner into
the likely meaning of the 2nd Amendment, once Spike had offered his
opinion of the fool judges who thought it had something to do with
militias. But it looks as if the Great Gun Attractor is doing its
evil work anyway. Stop it now, before we all go blind!

Damien Broderick