[ExI] Social Credit versus Labor-based currency (was: Re: Using Time Based Currency?)

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 09:47:16 UTC 2008

2008/7/7 Mike Dougherty <msd001 at gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 9:36 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The discussion was taking place on the virgle mailing list.
>>
>> http://google.com/virgle
>
> This was one of google's famous april fool's jokes:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgle

I think Bryan means this:

"OpenVirgle

What started as an April Fool joke by Google for 2008 called Project
Virgle  is now a real and genuine effort by an increasing number of
people to create ideas and ways in which humankind can live
sustainably in space using free and open source technology. This
project is a place for all space enthusiasts to cooperate on
simulations of space settlements. Rather than argue whether L5 or Mars
or the asteroids or the Moon or the rings of Saturn should be
humankind's first space settlement, we could be asking what is common
between those efforts so that that groundwork can be shared. "

http://www.openvirgle.net/

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com