[ExI] Pride and/or thinking superior

Anna Taylor femmechakra at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 8 22:14:59 UTC 2008

--- On Tue, 7/8/08, Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/27 Anna Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> > You don't exist unless someone else acknowledges
> your presence. (Can you hear the tree drop when no one is
> listening?).

> No no, the universe fails to exist unless I acknowledge it,
> clearly.

It was a metaphor Emlyn.  The universe exists whether you are sleeping or if you are in a coma.

> Just pray that I continue paying attention.

I was referring to the fact that you exist only because others do.  You can be alone in the forest and hear a tree fall but it says nothing unless you have someone to share that information with, it's part of being conscious. If someone is proud it is always due to the credit of another.  Thinking superior is believing yourself better than others.

I had posted:
>>Wiki says:
>>Pride is an emotion which refers to a strong sense of self-respect, a >>refusal to be humiliated as well as joy in the accomplishments of >>oneself or a person, group, nation or object that one identifies with, >>or "to think of one's self as being better than anyone else"

What I couldn't figure out is how does "to think of one's self as being better than anyone else" fall under the category of pride. That's what I was thinking when I posted.

> Emlyn
> (sorry, what?)

Does this explain it better?

Just curious