[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 10 04:52:10 UTC 2008

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know about the US, but here in Oz I'm pretty sure you'd be
> expected to pay tax on those euros, gift certificates, barter,
> whatever. Income is income. But of course IANAL.

I suppose so but if you decide to fix someone's computer for a chicken then how
would the government *know* you got a chicken? And if they did find out, how
would they collect 30% of your chicken? Would they have to accept a wing and a
drumstick as taxes? Or let's say someone works for simple room and board. How
is the government supposed to tax that? And if you don't pay would they throw
you in prison and give you room and board on tax payer's money?

Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"In ancient times they had no statistics so that they had to fall back on lies."- Stephen Leacock