[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

John K Clark jonkc at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 13 16:44:24 UTC 2008

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com>

> I submit that were it universally or even extensively accepted
> in the USA, > a No Tax Party would be swept into office. Oddly,
> this does not seem  imminent.

I don't find that odd at all, there is little incentive to lower the tax
rate. My time, enthusiasm, contributions and lobbying efforts
could be better spent trying to get a candidate in office that will
give me a subsidy or protect me from competition. It will only help
me and a small group of people just like me so it won't cost all that
much, so the general tax rate won't go up all that much, so it will
generate little opposition. I mean it's just one program, we can
afford that!  And if you help me get the bill passed that destroys
my competition then I'll help pass the bill that subsidizes you.

And so it goes. Before you know it you've got ethanol subsidies.

  John K Clark