[ExI] FW: The Dogs of Immortality

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Tue Jul 15 03:19:53 UTC 2008

Gary Miller was quoted by Kevin Freels as saying:
> And if you do manage to find a way to leave all that money to your
> children and trophy wife, they will just end up with their own reality
> TV show like "Keeping up with the Kardashians" and marry an over the
> hill Olympic Star, star in internet porn with rap musicians, and teach
> the next generation of American girls the merits of pole dancing or
> maybe do like Lisa Marie Presley marry Michael Jackson and give most
> of it to Scientology.  And let us not forget Anna Nicole who never
> really got to cash in on her beloved'sinheritance thanks to the Texas
> judicial system and a jealous step son.

And Kevin Freels then asked:

Where did this come from and what exactly do trophy wives have to do with
savings and taxation?

My Response:

Sorry, but I couldn't resist making the observation that the 2% of families'
who do inherit over the $3.5 million tax-free
maximum often become train wrecks.   And I realize that it is not
necessarily always the money that causes the train to leave the track.  Both
rich and poor families can be train wrecks.  But the media sure loves to be
there when it happens to rich people.  Jealousy perhaps, but it's also a
moral lesson that money does not always buy happiness.  Nor does an endless
supply of it build character in children and widows.  Sometimes it just
causes pain, embarrassment and spectacle.

Love your family while you are alive.  If you insist on dumping an obscene
amount of money on them when you die, make sure they are emotionally stable
enough that it will not destroy them or tempt them to scandalize your legacy
for generations to come.