[ExI] The Dogs of Immortality

Fred C. Moulton moulton at moulton.com
Sat Jul 19 21:51:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-19 at 16:53 +1000, Stathis Papaioannou wrote:

> I can't really see a pattern here. Why should stable, low-taxing,
> pro-business, small Government Switzerland do so badly, for example?
> Why should Ireland do so well? Why should Canada do better than the
> US?

When one is looking at aggregate economic data sets one needs to be
careful.  In particular when looking at growth percentages one needs to
factor in many factors including demographics changes.  Also countries
which are starting from a very low base can experience rapid growth
percentages.  While it possible to use these aggregate economic data
sets to understand the impact of tax policies, regulations and other
factors one needs to be cautious.

Fred