[ExI] Software advice please

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Mon Jun 2 05:02:46 UTC 2008

Hello everyone, I have a query. So I'm going to be developing that http://nanohealththinktank.com/ website, which isn't up and running yet but I need some help trying to find the right forum software. What I am really looking for ~ is for it to be an easy to use visual WYSIWYG (remember that term), because I really don't want anything complicated or full of scripting this or that (really). I also don't need it to be one of those hosted  forums or the dependency of it because I have my own domain and will be uploading via Dreamweaver. And while I am willing to pay for it, not anything unreasonable.
As far as features go, I would like the usual modern message board where people can create their own profile and post comments, under various topics (I would like moderation controls). But I would also like there to be a chat room, but again not hosted, once I buy this stuff I want it to be mine forever. And a calendar or other interesting interactive features would be a nice bonus. Does anyone have any ideas for me? Thank you for any help you can provide : )

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com
This health stuff blog: http://ginamiller.blogspot.com/
Animation Blog: http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/
Craft blog: http://nanogirlblog.blogspot.com/
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."