[ExI] MAX MORE in Second Life yesterday

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Jun 9 14:23:38 UTC 2008

If, as it seems is the case, no one managed to record all the audio,
I will tidy up my notes for the talk and make them available along
with the basic slides I used. The audio would be handy though, since
I added points and illustrations as I spoke that weren't in my notes.

My thanks to the 50 of you who virtually attended--I was pleasantly
surprised at the number. You were the fanciest-looking audience I've had!

To those of you who haven't yet dipped a toe in Second Life: I did so
only recently but was able to get up to speed quickly. It doesn't
require investing a whole lot of time and, while tremendous fun, is
not so dangerously addicting as the combative gaming worlds reportedly are.

Following that talk--my very first in a virtual world--I'm looking
forward to doing another quite soon. The next will be a skeptical
take on the Singularity. I was going to do that as a blog entry, as I
mentioned during the talk, but it would be much better suited to a talk.

Onward!

Max