[ExI] Cost of synfuel was Air-powered cars

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Tue Jun 10 03:37:10 UTC 2008

Keith wrote

----- Original Message -----
From: "hkhenson" <hkhenson at rogers.com>
To: "ExI chat list" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 1:37 PM
Subject: [ExI] Cost of synfuel was Air-powered cars

> [someone wrote]
>>That's an interesting idea, but how exactly is this done?
>
> Overall, nCO2 + 3n+1H2 --> H(CH2)nH + nH2O
> That's where oil came from in the first place.

What I read was that no one has ever succeeded in
producing one drop of oil by any process that nature
could have used to produce the vast amounts of
"fossil fuels" we have found.

Do you have some explanation of how nature would
have gone about using the above equation, or whether
it's true that so far no one has produced oil in a way
that is thought to be how nature did it?

Lee