[ExI] MAX MORE in Second Life yesterday

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:16:37 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:
> Let's back up.  Are you familiar with my work?  If so you would know that I
> have argued against Hayles and other academics concerning posthuman.  I have
> introduced a different understanding of the term in academic circles, that
> of the transhumanist understanding of posthuman.

Absolutely. Please believe that I was not trying to lend you any kind
of Sokal-hoaxesque affiliations...

And you may know or remember than my own cultural roots and references
are as much removed from critical studies, or at least their
mainstream, as yours.

But I wonder if to ignore flatly and entirely whatever has been said
and thought on posthumanism in this context is entirely a good thing
for transhumanists, if anything in order to be post-postmodernists
rather than pre-postmodernists, as we sometimes risk to appear...
:-)))

Stefano Vaj