[ExI] MAX MORE in Second Life yesterday

Michael Anissimov michaelanissimov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 21:48:32 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 7:11 PM, Bryan Bishop <kanzure at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exponential growth looks drawn out when it starts. That's why. It's the
> typical story of a small pond being not-so-covered with little
> organisms, and then all the way up until the last few days of the month
> everything looks okay, but then *boom*. Those exponentials start
> kicking in.

Bryan, the definition of the Singularity that I use doesn't have a single
thing to do with exponential growth.  It has to do with the creation of
superintelligence.  Conceivably, this could happen during a time when
progress is even slowing down.

http://www.acceleratingfuture.com/people-blog/?p=209

--
Michael Anissimov