[ExI] Groups

MB mbb386 at main.nc.us
Sun Jun 15 14:09:34 UTC 2008

> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Anne Corwin <sparkle_robot at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > The "join our camp!" thing is the sort of mentality that generally
>
>  > > causes me to run away screaming from groups of people
>
> Hey, me too!
>
> We should form a group!

Ha!  I know this game. :)  When I was at university, there were a number of us who
banded together (after a fashion, in name only) to form the GDI... G*d D*mn
Independents.  The only thing I recall doing as a group (in 5 years of school) was
once entering the SongFest, because one of the independents was a gifted pianist and
a number of people enjoyed singing along to his playing during breaks. The startling
thing was that we *won*!  The fraternity and sorority folks were *outraged*! :)))  I
still remember the glee of that evening!

We were astounded.

Regards,
MB
ps. to date this event, you may enjoy knowing that we sang "Little Boxes" - I'm sure
there is a more official name, but the song suited us well.