[ExI] Transhumanist MMORPGers

Aleksei Riikonen aleksei at iki.fi
Mon Jun 16 10:56:54 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:14 AM, Giu1i0 Pri5c0 <pgptag at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:34 AM, Dagon Gmail <dagonweb at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have tried Eve online, found it pretty damn challenging. Alone I
>> wouldn't try it (none of my friends wants to play it) but in a team,
>> it would be amazing and I could easily waste 20-30 hours per week on
>> it. I don't expect to return to eve, my schedule is pretty filling up
>> the next months, but if I would I would invite everyone to have a
>> serious look when they implement "ambulation" - this feature is
>> DESIGNED for groups to have meetings, discuss strategies and roleplay.
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abMEVENz1jQ
>
> This looks real great, you have persuaded me. I will make time in the
> summer to give Eve a serious exploration

And when any people reading this who now decide to give EVE a try are
in the phase where they start looking for a team, feel free to email
me for advice. (Actually I would probably just recommend the
corporation I already mentioned earlier; I was involved in it's early
days a couple of years ago.)

Also if anyone wants a couple of million ISK (the currency of the Eve
universe) to smooth out their noob days, that's available from me as
well (as long as I don't get several hundred requests, which of course
is rather unlikely). I played Eve actively at an earlier point, and
have a multibillionaire character left over from those days, living
off interest in the Eve universe.

(By "living off interest" I mean that in EVE, you're allowed to pay
your subscription with ISK instead of real-world money via an allowed
form of RMT (though I think they officially deny it's RMT), which
means that successful players can play the game for free in
perpetuity. One gets the interest by investing in player-run banks or
IPOs within the virtual economy, which is indeed developed enough that
there are banks and stock markets and so on.)

--
Aleksei Riikonen - http://www.iki.fi/aleksei