[ExI] Groups

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Tue Jun 17 03:08:10 UTC 2008

ben wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 10:15 PM, Anne Corwin <sparkle_robot at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>> The "join our camp!" thing is the sort of mentality that generally
>>>

>  > > causes me to run away screaming from groups of people
>
> Hey, me too!
>
> We should form a group!
>
> ben zaiboc

Transhumanists,

I respect your diversity of belief like this, the more diversity the
better, but I happen to feel differently.  I think canonizer.com has
nothing to do with group think as so many seem to be assuming.

Group think is about one party or religion where if you disagree on any
issue you are excommunicated or your 'vote is wasted'. We are about
every individual indicating what they believe on each individual issue,
resulting in everyone having a dynamic and unique 'signature' of
everything they believe.

Group think is about bottlenecked top down hierarchies while we seek
after bottom up networks.

Group think is about being in the traditional majority, we are about
recognizing who are the leaders and finding quantitative rigorous ways
to separate their signal from the group's noise.

Group think is about "our theory is the one true one" while we seek to
track and quantitatively measure all theories and their histories.

Group think is "If you are not with us, you are against us" while we
believe the more diversity the better.  We want to know what everyone
thinks, believes, and wants.

Group think is about knowing what the guy at the top wants and seeking
after only that, while we are seeking to know what everyone at the
bottom wants and seeking after that.

Group think is all about powerful governments and the top controlling
the masses with invasive laws and powerful militaries and police
forces.  We are about quantitative and concise reputations and systems
that allow the individual to utilize such to simply ignore any
disreputable spam and scam.

We are also frustrated at the terrible way progressive, should be
leading people, tend to always live by "my way or the highway" and their
tendency to always "run away screaming" from any kind of cooperative and
social effort to help push societies still primitive herd based morals
forward.  Transhumanists, as proven by their repeated failures at any
type of organization and cooperation, or ability to work together, are
an extreme example of this.  We are tired of all this, and how such
leaves the masses to be controlled by the faithless fear and war
mongering bastards at the top that think they know what is better for
people at the bottom than they do.  It's time for intelligent people to
finally do the co-operative work required to develop systems that can
enable us to recognize there is something way better than dieing and
rotting everyone in the grave.

Brent Allsop