[ExI] Economics of SENS

samantha sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 08:42:07 UTC 2008

The Avantguardian wrote:
> A question entered my mind today: With rising medical costs and an ever
> increasing population of elderly forced to retire at age 65 just when they
> start needing the medical care the most, would the added productivity of SENS
> and the elimination of the medical costs associated with aging simply by
> preventing it not be more cost effective for individuals, insurance companies,
> and society as a whole in the long run? I don't have any numbers but I suspect
> that government/private investment in SENS could conceivably pay for itself in
> the span of several decades.

I have been saying this for a while.  SENS may be the only viable way of
keeping the economy from melting the rest of the way down.  The costs of
all the boomers hitting the promised governmental committments at once
is not survivable short of some major techno-economic miracle.

Of course they might choose to default on all those unrealistic promises
and just let all of us die.

- samantha