[ExI] woooohoooo! it's ice!

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 15:59:00 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 11:41 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> Here's NASA's site on the find:
>
> http://phoenix.lpl.arizona.edu/06_19_pr.php
>
> Ohhh, this is kewallllll.  Life is gooooood.

Oh come on Spike, here is the quote from physorg.

> Small pieces of a bright material "have vanished from inside a trench
where they were photographed by NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander four days ago,
convincing scientists that the material was frozen water that vaporized
after digging exposed it," the statement said.

> "It must be ice," said Phoenix Principal Investigator Peter Smith of the
University of Arizona, Tucson. "These little clumps completely disappearing
over the course of a few days, that is perfect evidence that it's ice. There
had been some question whether the bright material was salt. Salt can't do
that."

Small pieces of bright material can "vanish" if the Martians are stealing
them.  What if they are diamonds or sapphires for example?  This is one
complaint I'll always come back to with well trained, otherwise very good
scientists, they have a lack of imagination.  We need to sit them down and
have them watch Ocean's (11, 12, 13) movies.  Lay all the explanations on
the table and consider them.  Not just the most obvious.

Robert