[ExI] Energy crisis solution

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Tue Jun 24 01:35:06 UTC 2008

At 03:31 PM 6/23/2008, Stuart LaForge wrote:

>--- hkhenson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> > I gave a talk on this concept at the International Space Development
> > Conference and a few days later to some Lockheed planners.  It need
> > to be verified by other engineers but looks like a way out of the
> > world wide energy crisis.  Done as a Manhattan type program it might
> > be constructing new capacity at 500 GW/year inside an 8 year period
> > at a cost in the same range as the Iraq War.
>
>Given McCain's sudden shift in rhetoric toward an appeal to America's
>creativity instead of sheer coercive force with regards to the energy crisis,
>it would appear you had a net positive effect, Keith.

I *really* doubt it.  The problem is getting any attention on ideas
the come up from "the bottom."  The better way to do power sats is
with a space elevator.  To get there, however, needs attention on nanotubes.

I have tried for some time to get someone to take up a research
project to make carbon nanotubes by catalytic dehydration of tri
hydroxy benzine with a rotating enzyme.  An alternate method involves
using liquid iron as a carbon solvent.  No luck, and it's not for a
lack of trying to reach someone who talks to Al Gore or someone of that ilk.

It is easy to see why.  Even at my exceedingly low level I frequently
get presented with ideas that have not been thought out or just plain
violate the laws of chemistry and physics.

Keith

PS.  McCaine's $300 million proposal isn't likely to be collected.