[ExI] 12 Million Molecules Share 143 Basic Shapes

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Thu Jun 26 00:41:25 UTC 2008

Mike Dougherty writes

> Jef wrote:
>
> Another observation pertinent to competent search of (a far from
> random) possibility-space.
>
> Is that distribution due to some physical maxima of stable design?

Maybe those are only the less dangerous designs.

> Would looking outside those 143 shapes and leaving the top of the
> bell curve reduce the likelihood of finding useful molecules?  Or is
> the idea that the more rare molecules will be substantially more
> useful to make it worth the effort?

Perhaps we'll fool around long enough to get an analog to Vonnegut's
ice-nine that reorganizes the topos layer of everything.

Voila! We have here not only an explanation of the Fermi Paradox,
but an explanation of why just 143 shapes are so prevelant. Universes
that utilized more patterns found some which