[ExI] Oil will never run out

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 22:02:05 UTC 2008

On 6/27/08, Kevin Freels <kevinfreels at insightbb.com> wrote:
> It was very foolish of me to think this. The infrastructure in place and all
> the manufacture and existing machines that all require gasoline are almost
> impossibly expensive to replace - espcially in a short 10-20 year period.
>
> Instead, the easier approach will have to take place. Finding a way to make
> gasoline and jet fuel that is easier and less expensive than getting it out
> of the ground and refining it while making it out of something fairly
> renewable that can be sustained over a long term.
>
> As soon as I started looking for such things I found dozens of companies
> already on track to do this. There is no reason why it can't be done.

We have had the technology to do that since the thirties. Actually,
Germany manufactured a lot of syntetic gasoline during II WW. The
problem is that oil is currently used to produce energy, while
producing oil or gas *requires* energy.

Thus, the real issue is to have plenty of cheap energy available. Once
you have that, oil stops being a problem altogether.