[ExI] Time Magazine: Person of the Year: Putin

John Grigg possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:14:35 UTC 2008

I personally think Putin was a good choice for the "Man of the Year" Time
magazine title.  Whether for good or bad, he has had a nearly
overwhelming influence on modern Russia, one of the most powerful nations in
the world.  And not all the people who have gotten this title over the
years have been saints.

But the way this all came about is another story, entirely.  My question
is..., were any real laws broken during this successful effort to boost
Putin's name?  Or was this just global big business/public relations doing
things "business as usual" in an ethical gray zone where spotlights are
rarely brought to bear.  I had no idea PR firm executives could make such
large sums of money! lol  And so I guess a Master's degree in public
relations is on par with a law degree if your career takes the right
trajectory.

John