[ExI] The Manifesto of Italian Transhumanists

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 21:32:51 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 4:30 PM, John Grigg <possiblepaths2050 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am mytified by the low numbers for Israel.  I realize they have a vocal
> conservative population among them (as the U.S. does) but I thought on the
> whole it was a very technologically progressive nation.  In fact, I've heard
> many anecdotes about how the typical Israeli is "adrift in a sea of
> modernity" and definitely not religiously devout.  My take on Judaism (even
> the more orthodox and conservative forms) was that they would be much more
> open to "radical" biotech, etc. as compared to conservative American
> Evangelicals.  Does anyone here know more about this matter?

While I suspect that Israel has its own fair share of religious
fundamentalists, and that opposition to H+ ideas may not be limited to the
same, I know for instance that Israel has, or used to have, special schools
for, and research programmes on, "superdotati" (specially-endowed?
super-intelligent? high IQ?) children, where such things have been
unthinkable in Europe, and AFAIK not exactly the most politically correct
idea in the US either, for a long while.

Stefano Vaj