[ExI] How could you ever support an AGI?

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 21:08:03 UTC 2008

On Sunday 02 March 2008, Robert Bradbury wrote:
> I believe the production of an AGI spells the extinction of humanity.

There was a post on one of these mailing lists years ago that argued
that we are already ai. Thus intelligence is a factor of our humanity.
Therefore, you're arguing that the production of more intelligence
means the extinction of intelligence (and lots of other things that
make up 'humanity'). Which is false, since producing intelligence !=
immediately destroying intelligence. If you wish to remove intelligence
from our humanity, aren't you that very AGI that you originally set out
to destroy?

- Bryan