[ExI] LA Times: 'Physics of the Impossible' by Michio Kaku

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 15:32:41 UTC 2008

At 08:37 AM 3/4/2008 -0300, Henrique Moraes Machado wrote:

>Damien> I have to make my boringly familiar point: this second allegedly
> > impossible physics-shattering phenomenon is routinely observed in
> > parapsychology labs (...)
>
>And yet none of them is one million dollars richer.

I assume that's a reference to the bogus Randi Foundation challenge.
Have a look at this:

<<http://www.dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge>http://www.dailygrail.com/features/the-myth-of-james-randis-million-dollar-challenge>

(I don't vouch for any of the other contents of that site, but the
article at the url looks fairly sound.)

Btw, your ellipses removed my crucial point that the phenomena are
stochastic; their power is low, and there is very little likelihood
(as estimated even by those who place credence in the results of
parapsychologists) of one-off  or short-run miraculous psi events on demand.

Damien Broderick