[ExI] Randi again

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:44:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Henrique Moraes Machado
<cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com> wrote:
>  But my point is that a true psychic's acuracy should tend to one hundred
>  percent, not to zero. To paraphrase Obi Wan Kenobi: Never underestimate the
>  power of randomness.

Well, this is a definition of a "true psychic's accuracy" as good as any.

A problem remains however if consistent, albeit slight, statistical
deviations tend to accumulate or at least stay there instead of
cancelling out. If this is the case, I believe they beg for an
explanation, even though of course the same need not be "supernatural"
in any sense.

Stefano Vaj