[ExI] Mediocracy

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:54:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 2:34 PM,  <kuromaku at hush.com> wrote:
>  I just thought I'd advertise one of the best anti-Hughes, anti-
>  Carrico, anti-Vaj thinkers around that I'm aware of: namely Fabian
>  Tassano. Hopefully some of you are already aware of his stuff but
>  if not please see his Mediocracy blog at http://inversions-and-
>  deceptions.blogspot.com/ which is quite thought-provoking. Tassano,
>  the great man himself, starts introducing the idea with the words

I have not accessed the site yet, and certainly I cannot speak for Mr.
Hughes or Mr. Carrico, but personally I am quite happy with the quote
you pasted here.  :-)

In fact, I have expressed somewhat similar ideas a few times in the
past, starting with my concern that in spite of contemporary
achievements we might at the end of the day be to some extent the
proverbial "dwarves standing on the shoulders of giants", and that
excellence and improvement is something that should be strived for and
not taken for granted.

Stefano Vaj