[ExI] The Manifesto of Italian Transhumanists

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 6 14:37:54 UTC 2008

Bryan Bishop ha scritto:
> On Friday 29 February 2008, Damien Broderick wrote:
>>> What power? Money? They certainly don't have supercomputers, they
>>> don't have massive research institutions, they don't have
>>> neurofarms, the only power they have is lots of listeners and a
>>> widely distributed mental program. What does this power have to do
>>> with transhumanism?
>> Uh oh. Have you never heard of Stalin's famous contemptuous taunt:
>> "How many divisions does the Pope have?"

> No, I hadn't, but what difference does it make how many the Pope has?

The answer is "He has none, but he can take ours." (the Poles, the
Ukrainians....).

This is the same mistake the Muslims did in reaction at the Ratisbona
speech and the "La Sapienza" protesters did to prevent him to speak.
Would they did nothing, the speech would be liquidated in two rows in
the news (like many other speeches and meeting the Pope do).

He has no power apart the power others give him.
It is a political Aikido that the Catholic Church master.

Mirco
--
[Intangible capital is] the preponderant form of wealth.
When we look at the shares of intangible capital across income classes,