[ExI] Technical Uploading Difficulties

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 23:38:04 UTC 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Alex wrote:
> > Those aside for now. But until we understand both the chemistry
> > and the wetware, I think it would be safe to reason that any
> > uploads would be no where near as 'human' as we would like.

Identity is something that is hard to pin down, and the price of
uploading may very well be 'identity', and as much as you try to show
one now, identity and thermodynamics and reality just don't really work
like that, so perhaps it is a good thing that you come to the
conclusion that uploads will not be 'human'. ;)

- Bryan