[ExI] Personal "backgrounds" and alleged relevance thereof

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 16:19:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 2:51 PM, scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:

> Giulio, while the specific 'querelle' may be off-topic,
> isn't off topic here - at least imo - the *compatibility*
> between the Extropian Principles and what Stefano wrote,
> or writes.
> I think it is not so easy, for our führer, to check this
> compatibility since Stefano wrote (I guess) in Italian,
> and even the 'Manifesto' is not translated in English.

The Manifesto will be. As for my writings and/or thoughts, I have already
made myself available to provide all the clarifications and details required
to any third party with a good-faith curiosity or interest. In fact, I am
understandably keen to make them as well-known as possible. :-)

On the other hand, I think that my contributions to this list can and should
be judged based on what I say and do as a subscriber thereof, which can be
judged by anyone every day. I have myself for instance the sincerest doubts
on the "compatibility" of what the extreme-right preacher self-baptised as
Fabio Estropico writes in his blog with extropism, not to mention with other
more encompassing rules such as Italian law; but as long as the relevant
statements are not repeated here, I do not see what relevance such a
"compatibility" may have for the list.

By all means, I can find worse on the Web any time I care to look for it,
and I am not paranoid of contamination if I happen to find myself on the
same list with somebody whose opinons I consider deplorable and
indefensible.

Stefano Vaj