[ExI] Ideological Differences in Transhumanist Italy

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 23:00:52 UTC 2008

On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:
>  For example, Stephano (who I would have said is quite a right
>  winger---we may ideologically agree on quite a few things, he
>  and I) writes as follows:

Happy that we share some views, even though I prefer to consider
myself as an upwinger.

In fact, my main concern as far as "positioning" is concerned is to
keep myself as far from teocons as possible :-); but if, say,
Nietzsche or Marinetti or Huxley or Heinlein should be considered as
being right-wing, well, so be it, I have no intention whatsoever to
renounce to what of interest I may find in their writings out of
political correctness or fear of ideological terrorism.

At the same time, I am surprised that, while the usual couple of
Italian supporters of Mr. Bush's crusades try to disqualify my ideas
with the ritual  personal association with fascism ("I hear that you
love the animals, Hitler used to have a dog, now I do not mean to
imply anything, but...") some other people put me disparagingly in a
league with James Hughes and Dale Carrico, who are not normally
considered in the H+ world as really being right-wingers of any
description...

I think that it would be best to recognise that old labels may end up
being of limited use in an era of revolutionary change, to go back to
Korzybski's idea that the map is not the territory, and concentrate
instead on ideas and new syntheses thereof.

Stefano Vaj