[ExI] Reconceptualizing the hero myth

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Tue Mar 11 02:08:45 UTC 2008

"On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 3:54 AM, Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:
> Department of Strategic Philosophy
>  Professor Max More
>  Course 510: Extropic Myth Analysis
>
>  Your mission--should you choose to accept it--is to reconceptualize
>  the hero myth, removing the core element of self-sacrifice.
______________

Sorry, I cannot reconceptualize a hero to separate suffering from
thought. Concepts/thoughts are still thoughts/ mind constructs.

AGI is an artificial mind construct but none suffers in the micro level
of elements like electrons, neutrons and neutrinos {the electrochemical
language of the brain}.

What is a mission, a motive? That too is a thought process arising from
layers of brain matter coming from the top most layer going down to the
lower layer/the emotional layer or the primitive region of the brain,
the seat of emotion.

Some said that emotions are what makes us humans. It goes to show that
AGI is above the lower region of the brain.

Terry