[ExI] Vatican's list of seven 'social sins'

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Mar 11 14:47:14 UTC 2008

> Damien Broderick
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Vatican's list of seven 'social sins'
>
> At 05:58 PM 3/10/2008 -0600, Amara wrote:
>
> >Good news, extropes! Your social preferences hit two of the
> >top three on the Vatican's list of seven 'social sins'!
>
> I see that the Vatican's list does not include some
> candidates that leapt to my mind; for example, Running a
> Global Institution Supporting the Buggering of Little Boys in
> its Care, or Inculcating into the Minds of the Defenceless
> Arrant and Frightening Bullshit About Just about Everything.
>
> And yet, oddly enough, the Pope's seventh sin, Creating
> Poverty, is exactly what his own organization insists on
> committing with such mad claptrap as making their first sin
> "Bioethical" Violations Such as Birth Control.
>
> Damien Broderick

Damien reading your passage above reminds me why you are able to make a good
living selling your words, whereas I hafta slave away in a mindless 9 to 5.
Thanks, I couldn'ta said it better.  When I saw the popes list of seven
social sins, I wanted to write to Mr. Ratzinger and tell him "Do not worry,
your group is on my list of social sins as well."  But I like much better
the way you and Amara said it.