[ExI] Earth repositories (on the Moon)

Henrique Moraes Machado cetico.iconoclasta at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 12:01:36 UTC 2008

>> The underground vault reportedly would transmit data
>> to strongly guarded receivers on Earth.

Brian Bishop> I don't like that: why not transmit for all to hear a message
of hope?

Any radio transmission from the moon would illuminate a *huge* area on
Earth. Unless the transmission is laser based (which I doubt), half world
will be able to pick it up.  The transmissions should not be encrypted,
though.
I don't think spinning magnetic hard disks are a good media to store this
kind of data. Some non-magnetic, non-volatile, solid state means should be
used instead.