[ExI] Free Will vs. Determinism

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 16:14:31 UTC 2008

"Bryan: " Free Will vs. Determinism. They do not seem to be at ends
with each
other. The best solution is to assume you have free will. Maybe we can
start another thread for this, if we haven't come to this conclusion
before."
___________

Hi, concepts of "Free Will" vs. "Determinism" are merely concepts of
duality. The advent of thoughts/language serve to define as well as
divide/categorize the organic and inorganic world for instance for the
advantage of one who desires to live longer.

Organic living things depend on the inorganic elements to live so where
is free will there when one is dependent on something that appears
unconscious like rocks and minerals or atoms and molecules? Does this
mean the processes of nature {genes and environment} determine man's
behavior? Like it or not, there is no free will.

Terry