[ExI] Reconceptualized hero

citta437 at aol.com citta437 at aol.com
Wed Mar 12 16:53:21 UTC 2008

"> Perhaps a Boddhisattva is a reconceptualized hero?"

Zindell was influenced by Vedanta philosophy; with my little knowledge
of Buddhism and Zen, perhaps you could tell me how far off the
Boddhisattva is from Vedanta? :)

- Bryan

Vedanta emphasized the concept of ultimate reality/Brahman or a
permanent ground of all beings whatever name you call it, this Vedanta
philosophy is just a concept and some who mistakenly believed the
existence of a god or gods are blind to the real cause of their
suffering.

Zen Buddhism is neither a philosophy nor a belief. A Boddhisattva
practice is the ultimate sacrifice without depending on preconceived
notion of a being like god or a hero.

Terry