[ExI] Free Will vs. Determinism

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 19:48:32 UTC 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, citta437 at aol.com wrote:
> The theory of evolution has stand the test of time. You want to have
> free will to maximize your behavior? Show me the evidence that free
> will can do that without thoughts of morality, responsibility and a
> permanent being.

Your other comments indicate to me that you think I think free will is
some sort of mystical force beyond the nature of the self, but instead
I think it is completely tied up instead with the anthropic principle,
which is something that you cannot deal with quantum mechanics yet
unless you are willing to descend down the dark side of the force into
MWI.

- Bryan